tomcat-users mailing list archives

From c..@kego.com
Subject Using jdbc realms + nocookies + form login causes triple-login bug
Date Sun, 03 Feb 2002 20:27:48 GMT
_________________________________I would have posted this to tomcat-dev, but
the page with directions

on subscribing was down when I last checked.

I am witnessing a bug where if you use cookie-less form-based login

with JDBC realms, Tomcat 4.0.1 and 4.0.2b2 will force you to triple-login

to actually login. (You have type your username & password into

the form based page three times)

I am apparently not the only one who has seen this:

 http://mikal.org/interests/java/tomcat/archive/view?mesg=52926

The reason I believe it has to do with JDBC realms is that I tried

cookieless login using the tomcat example
/tomcat/webapps/examples/jsp/security

, which worked fine with the memory or file-based realms.

I then modified the 'examples' context in server.xml to use my jdbc realm,

and while I could manage to login in, it took three efforts to actually get
in.

 -Cameron Elliott