tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Donald Lee" <dwl...@ameritech.net>
Subject RE: Apache Tomcat/4.0.2 - HTTP Status 404 - /examples/jsp/
Date Sun, 24 Feb 2002 17:44:36 GMT
where are your examples located?  I had to move mine to the webapps
directory then they ran.

-----Original Message-----
From: Terje Dahl [mailto:terje.dahl@halden.net]
Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2002 1:47 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Apache Tomcat/4.0.2 - HTTP Status 404 - /examples/jsp/

Yes, I am a "newbie", but...

Installed Tomcat 4.0.2 (precompiled version) (on Mac OS X (That's
unix) ) in a directory I called "Tomcat".

Tomcat starts just fine with this script:
#!/bin/sh
export CATALINA_HOME=/Tomcat/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.2
export JAVA_HOME=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Home
$CATALINA_HOME/bin/startup.sh

I get the default html-pages in "ROOT" no problem.
I can also run JSP-pages from "ROOT".
But nothing in "examples" works!
(I didn't change anything during installation, and there are lots of
files and folder present in "examples"..)

Shouldn't I at least be able to expect at least the enclosed examples to
run corectly "out of the box"?..

Terje