tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bryan Austad" <baus...@xtendsoft.com>
Subject Loading property files using ClassLoader.getSystemResource()
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2002 00:58:09 GMT
I use ClassLoader.getSystemResource() to load property files through out my
application.  I then am able to set the directory of where these property
files are located in the CLASSPATH.  I then can load the property files.
With Tomcat 4.0.2 using the NT/2K service, and cannot specify a directory of
where these property files are, therefore they are not loading.  I tried
putting these resources(property files) in the WEB-INF/classes directory,
the %CATALINA_HOME%/classes directory, or the %CATALINA_HOME%/common/classes
directory.  Still I am unable to load the property files.  I even tried the
lib directories at all levels.  The only way I could get this to work was
modifying the catalina.bat file and appending to the CLASSPATH.  I want it
to work with the NT/2K service though.  Is it possible?  Or am I going to
need to redesign how I load the property files in my application?

Thanks
Bryan