tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "nathan phillips" <natha...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: change passwd for keystore
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
I've just deleted my keystore and started over when I needed to change my
password.  If you want to try this, find the file ".keystore" in your
USER_HOME directory and delete it.

From: Angelica@cetip.com.br
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: change passwd for keystore
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 16:51:47 -0300
>From tomcat-user-return-11852-nathanpp Thu, 21 Feb 2002 11:53:27 -0800
Mailing-List: contact tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org; run by ezmlm

I┤m trying others methods for install SSL CA Certificates on Tomcat4 and I
created a keystore with blank passwd anda now I
trying to change the passwd without sucessfull.
I simple made:
keytool -storepasswd
Enter keystore password:  changeit
then I made the comand:
keytool -keypasswd -alias importkey
Enter keystore password:  changeit
Enter key password for <importkey>:  changeit
keytool error: java.security.UnrecoverableKeyException: Cannot recover key

How can I change my passwd without problems?
Could anybody help me?
I need this urgently....

Thanks a lot.
Angelica