tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Michel" <mabeijlev...@freeler.nl>
Subject Where's the MemeryRealm user-info stored?
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2002 11:42:41 GMT
Howdy y'all

I've enabled a Tomcat 4.0.1 memory realm for protecting parts of my website
with a username/password.

When I try to access the protected JSPs I get this ugly Windows/IE
login-window.

What I would like to do is to create a HTML/JSP form where the user can
enter his login credentials beforehand, so that the standard Windows/IE
login-window isn't shown anymore when he's accessing the protected area but
instead the credentials already entered should be used. Based on this info,
I would also like to hade/show some parts of my website.

Any idea how to store the credentials so that the Memory Realm can make use
of it?

gr. Michel