tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Moore <JohnMo...@PDSI-Software.COM>
Subject RE: Apache w/ mod_jk and Tomcat 3.2.1 not handling URL rewriting
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 02:31:02 GMT

It sounds like apache is not configured to hand .jsp or /servlet requests
back to tomcat.  From Tomcat 3.3 (sorry it's all I have around right now).
If you mistakenly encoded your gif/.js references you will need to do a
rewrite of the URL so apache can pass by it.  I say it only because we did
it once and having mod_rewrite enabled on Apache was a god-send!  Make sure
that you have the Include in your apache httpd.conf (e.g. Include
/opt/jakarta-tomcat-3.3/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf ).

{ partial from mod_jk.conf for one application}

JkMount /webstaff/*.jsp ajp13
JkMount /webstaff/servlet/* ajp13

Alias /webstaff /opt/jakarta-tomcat-3.3/webapps/webstaff
<Directory "/opt/jakarta-tomcat-3.3/webapps/webstaff">
   AllowOverride All
   Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all