tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Liu, Dongqi" <L...@divinvest.com>
Subject RE: No Suitable JDBC Driver Found when running Tomcat 4 .0 as NT service with JDK1.3.1_01
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2002 15:42:12 GMT

> Hi Anja,
>
> Thanks very much for your reply. I did as you suggested by adding the
> following line to my code:
>
> Class.forName("COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver").newInstance();
>
> This time I get a different error, which I don't know how to resolve.
> The error is:
>
> java.sql.SQLException: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
> C:\SQLLIB\bin\db2jdbc.dll: Access is denied
> 	at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.<init>(DB2Driver.java:240)
> 	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
> Method)
> 	at
> sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAcc
> essorImpl.java:42)
> 	at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstr
> uctorAccessorImpl.java:30)
> 	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:277)
> 	at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:301)
> 	at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:254)
> 	at
> com.aegon.arch.service.documentmanagement.provider.storage.impl.PermanentS
> torageServiceImpl.<clinit>(PermanentStorageServiceImpl.java:22)
>
> How can I make db2jdbc.dll accessible to tomcat service? I checked the
> db2jdbc.dll file,
> and the security is wide open(Full Control for everyone),
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> -dongqi

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
----------------------
This transmission is intended for the sole use of the individual
and/or entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain information
and/or attachments that are privileged, confidential and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader of this transmission
is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
disclosure, dissemination, distribution, duplication or the taking of
any action in reliance on the contents of this transmission by someone
other than the intended addressee or its designated agent is strictly
prohibited.  If your receipt of this transmission is in error, please
notify the sender by replying immediately to this transmission and
destroy the transmission.  Thank you.
(MSWPR1/ODpt)