tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Liu, Dongqi" <L...@divinvest.com>
Subject RE: No Suitable JDBC Driver Found when running Tomcat 4 .0 as NT serv ice with JDK1.3.1_01
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2002 15:41:44 GMT

Hi Darek,

I tried to use net driver before, but I always got an exception like:

"Server not responding error".

How did you make your net driver work? What is the URL you pass to your
driver manager?

thanks,

-dongqi

-----Original Message-----
From: Derek Holden [mailto:dsh2120@draper.com]
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2002 10:17 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: No Suitable JDBC Driver Found when running Tomcat 4 .0 as
NT serv ice with JDK1.3.1_01

Does it work if you use the net driver?

Class.forName("COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.net.DB2Driver");

I have a small db2 query that only works using the net driver and not the
app driver. I got a couple decent responses from this list, though I
haven't tried to track it down.

(I know this doesn't address your specific case of running it as a Service,
just thought I'd throw it out there).

At 2/11/2002 09:38 AM, you wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I posted this problem a few days ago but didn't get any reponse. I am
>reposting
>it here just to draw enough attention and hopefull somebody out there can
>lead me
>to a solution.
>
>My problem is that when Tomcat is running as a NT service, it complains
>"no suitable JDBC Driver found". However, when I start up Tomcat4.0 from
>command line using exactly the same set up, everything works fine. The
>driver
>class loads fine in Tomcat Service, since I did a
>
>Class.forName("COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver")
>
>without getting any exceptions.
>
>I am using Tomcat 4.0 with JDK1.3.1_01 on a NT box,
>
>thanks,
>
>-dongqi
>

>CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>----------------------
>This transmission is intended for the sole use of the individual
>and/or entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain information
>and/or attachments that are privileged, confidential and exempt from
>disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader of this transmission
>is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
>disclosure, dissemination, distribution, duplication or the taking of
>any action in reliance on the contents of this transmission by someone
>other than the intended addressee or its designated agent is strictly
>prohibited.  If your receipt of this transmission is in error, please
>notify the sender by replying immediately to this transmission and
>destroy the transmission.  Thank you.
>(MSWPR1/ODpt)
>

>--

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This transmission is intended for the sole use of the individual and/or entity to whom it
is addressed, and may contain information and/or attachments that are privileged, confidential
and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader of this transmission is not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, dissemination, distribution,
duplication or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this transmission by
someone other than the intended addressee or its designated agent is strictly prohibited.
 If your receipt of this transmission is in error, please notify the sender by replying immediately
to this transmission and destroy the transmission.  Thank you.
(MSPR2/ODrt)