tomcat-users mailing list archives

From tamir <ta...@movious.com>
Subject tomcat classloader problem - again
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2002 11:00:52 GMT
Hi guru's.
My Team and I are currently struggling a classloader problem,
It happens in tomcat version 3.3 and the new 4.02.

And it goes like this:
Inside our /WEB-INF/lib we have an xxx.jar that includes some classes ,
Now these classes are being load dynamically using classForName.
And everything works Fine.

Now we are updating this jar to new jar version (the classes interface have
not change)
And Tomcat goes mad.

In catalina we get

Root Cause:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/reflect/MethodAccessorImpl

Now my question is:
Is it legal to do this ? If not what other option do I have to automatically
reload classes inside jar files ?

Really Really Thanks In Advance

Niv Maman
Vice President, R&D