tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Sergei Batiuk" <Sergei.Bat...@Damen-Okean.com>
Subject RE: ASP and JSP with no redirection
Date Wed, 15 Feb 1995 07:02:35 GMT
There is an option:

You can use the io taglib from http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs, which
makes it possible
to make up a page from various sources. Your JSP should look like:
<%@ taglib uri="iotags" prefix="io"%>

<%
	myEJB.myMethod();
%>
<io:request url="http://iisServer/m$Page.asp"/>
<%
	java().stuff().again();
%>

This way you can create a single page from any http/ftp/file resources you
can think of.

Sincerely,
Sergei Batiuk.

-----Original Message-----
From: George Shafik [mailto:gshafik@optusnet.com.au]
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2002 3:57 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: ASP and JSP with no redirection

Hi All,

Just wondering if there is another way to integrate both JSP and ASP
together in the one page without redirection through a specific port.

Is it possible to combine both an ASP and JSP page together thus giving you
the ability to access a COM and EJB object on the same page ?

I know this sounds crazy but if it is possible then I would imagine its
something that needs to  be configured at the web server level such that
each Object method request is handled by its respective web server.

foo.JSP
<%

     ... myEJBBean.Method() ...
     ...myASPObj.Method()...

%>

Lets say our example is implemented on a JSP page then Tomcat/Apache will
need to know about IIS such that it passes the processing of
"myASPObj.Method() " to IIS. (no redirection)

Many thanks in advance for any feedback.

Regards,
George Shafik