tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Takeshi L Toyohara" <>
Subject servlet-mapping problem
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2002 21:53:57 GMT

i am trying to just play around with tomcat and try to get some servlets
running.  I am having a problem getting the servlet-mapping to work in my
web.xml and am wondering if i can get you guys to help out.

here's my web.xml.  the servlet-mapping tag works only the way it is now (im
guessing b/c its actually only using the invoker servlet).  i cant change it
to anything else, such as /wars or /blah, etc. and get it to work.  any

any info is much appreciated!

<!DOCTYPE web-app

    <display-name>WAR TEST</display-name>
    <description>Testing WAR'ing files</description>

        <description>the hello dude servlet</description>
             <param-value>Hello Dude</param-value>

To unsubscribe:   <>
For additional commands: <>
Troubles with the list: <>