tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kranthi Meka <km...@once.com>
Subject org.apache.catalina.logger.SystemOutLogger
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2002 23:52:49 GMT
Hi,

I am using Tomcat 4.0.
How can I have a separate SystemOut log file for my application ?
I do not want my system out to get dumped into the default catalina.out.

I am using the below setting in my application context inside server.xml.

        <!-- Tomcat EADMIN Context -->
        <Context path="/eadmin" docBase="/usr/local/webapps/eadmin"
debug="0"
                 reloadable="true">
                     prefix="eadmin_file_log." suffix=".txt"
                  timestamp="true"/>
          <Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.SystemErrLogger"
                     prefix="eadmin_syserr_log." suffix=".txt"
                  timestamp="true"/>
          <Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.SystemOutLogger"
                     prefix="eadmin_sysout_log." suffix=".txt"
                  timestamp="true"/>
        </Context>

FileLogger work fine, but SystemErrLogger, SystemOutLogger are not being
generated.
The Systemouts, errors are still going to catalina.out.

Please help.

Thanks,
Kranthi.

Kranthi Meka