tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ralph Einfeldt" <ralph.einfe...@uptime-isc.de>
Subject AW: Session not sticking after timeout
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 06:57:43 GMT
One guess: Did you have a look at the session id that is
transmitted after the user logged in ? Is it a new one or
is it the an older one ?

Have a look at request.getRequestedSessionId()and
session.getId() in the login page and the following page.

One thing I expierienced is, that the IE has his own opinion
about the caching of pages. This could couse this kind of
trouble as the cached page might contain a session id that is
no longer valid.

> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
<snip/>
> (7) Once the user is logged on whatever they do next causes the
> system to return a null Session object, as though it had timed out
> again! But it hasn't.
<snip/>