tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hammonds Nicholas <nicholas.hammo...@siemens.at>
Subject setMaxAge getMaxAge cookie problem
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2002 11:33:07 GMT
Hello there,

I don't know if this is off topic for this list but I will ask anyway.  I
written two java servlets which I am running on tomcat 4.0.  One servlet
creates cookies, the other displays details about them.  One thing I have
done is to use the setMaxAge method on a cookie object.  But when I
interrogate the cookie using getMaxAge in the other servlet the value is
always -1 reagardless of what I originaly set it to.  Having a value of -1
means that the cookie gets to deleted as soon as the browser window is
closed.  This could be a problem with my browser settings (IE 5) or
something with tomcat.  I am pretty sure I am setting the value correctly in
the java code.

Any ideas

kind regards

Nic