tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Nitin Vira" <nv...@juniper.net>
Subject Debugging JSPs and Servlets
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2002 17:47:26 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to create an environment that will assist in debugging jsps, i think one of the
basic ways to do debugging is through logging, I want to log various request coming in along
with the request parameters, i checked the access loggs but they only logg GET request also
it doesnt logg the parameters, is there anyway i can logg POST request too along with the
request parameters, i can possibly use a filter to do it, will that be a right approach also
can i configure a filter to run for all the servlets? Also is it possible to logg something
like forwards to another page and including other pages, also if you have any other suggestions
to add features that will assist in debugging that i can implement i will greatly appreciate
it.

Thanks,
Nitin