tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Guido Medina <gmed...@mercantil.com.do>
Subject RE: Tomcat Crash on Win2K
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2002 13:37:46 GMT
Try the lastest release of Sun JDK, remember to unistall first the other one
and install this on the same dir, so you won't have to change too many
configuration issues...

Guido.

-----Original Message-----
From: Randy Layman [mailto:randy.layman@aswethink.com]
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2002 8:53 AM
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: Tomcat Crash on Win2K

	One of our clients has recently upgraded the computer system that
runs our application (which is based on Tomcat) from Windows NT 4 to Windows
2000.  Under NT 4 our application never crashed.  In the past week it has
crashed twice.  Both times an error about a non-fatal JIT error was written
to the jvm.stderr log file at the approximate time of the crash.  The error
is:
A nonfatal internal JIT (3.10.107(x)) error 'Structured Exception(c0000005)'
has occurred in :
  'org/apache/tomcat/session/StandardSession.expire ()V': Interpreting
method.

Followed by a complete stack trace for each thread in the system at the time
of the crash.

	We are running :
	* Windows 2000 (unknown service pack level).
	* Java -fullversion gives JDK-1.2.2-W
	* Accessing SQL Server 2000 using INetSoftware's database drivers
	* No ODBC usage

	Any thoughts?  Does this version of the JDK have problems on Windows
2K?

	Randy