tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Loo, Jason" <j...@guidance.com>
Subject Custom Authentication/User Principal
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 08:16:37 GMT
I've been successful in creating a custom JDBCRealm and have extended the
GenericPrincipal.  However, when attempting to pull my principal from the
request (request.getUserPrincipal()) and cast to EITHER
org.apache.catalina.realm.GenericPrincipal or my custom principal, I get a
Class Cast Exception.  I've browsed through the archives for a solution and
the closest I've found has been the one located at the following URL:

http://www.mail-archive.com/tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg40073.html

However, the solution seems a bit nastly.  Does anyone know of other options
aside from copying classes to multiple paths or overriding the Catalina
classpath??

Many thanks.