tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alexandros Kotsiras <>
Subject RE: accessing excel-documents via HTTP URL
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2002 11:14:34 GMT
Not sure what's causing your ploblem
but try adding the M$Excel MIME type into the TOMCAT_HOME/conf/web.xml

-----Original Message-----
From: []
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 1:11 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: accessing excel-documents via HTTP URL

Hi everybody!

I'm using servlets generating MS-Excel Dokuments from HTTP-request data.
Under tomcat 3.x it was no problem,
that the servlet redirected to a JSP, where the user could click on a link,
that actually pointed to the generated
Excel-Dokument. After clicking the link, excel was opened with the
generated document.

Yesterday I tested that servlet, changeing nothing in the code, but using
tomcat 4.0.1 this time. If I click the link,
ponting to an excel document now, i get the content displayed in text
format !
now i wonder, if I Do have to configure something for the context "/tmp"
where the documents are generated into.

Any help appreceated,

To unsubscribe:   <>
For additional commands: <>