tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Randy Layman <randy.lay...@aswethink.com>
Subject RE: Running Tomcat 4.0.2 on a Sun 1.4.0 JVM?
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2002 14:03:30 GMT

	This error message indicates that you are not running Catalina in
JDK 1.4 because the JDK produces file in format 48, but the previous
versions of the JDK/JRE are not able to read the file format (which is
indicated by the "version is to recent for this tool to understand").

	Double check how you start JBoss to verify that it is running on the
new JDK and not using just the first JRE in your path.  You also might want
to try and remove all old versions of Java.

	Randy