tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Luke Studley <Luke.Stud...@cerillion.com>
Subject RE: Another Question About Tomcat Auth
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2002 14:32:03 GMT
Renato

I get this as well. I may be wrong but I found that the Realm base class is
package protected so you have to have your extension in the same package.
This is a bit of a pain, it also means I could only get it to work by
placing my realm code and any dependents directly  in the server/lib
directory - it doesn't work from common. Then all my other common stuff
excluding realms goes in the common/lib dir.

Hope that helps

Luke

-----Original Message-----
From: Renato Romano [mailto:r.romano@set-network.com]
Sent: 15 February 2002 09:50
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: R: Another Question About Tomcat Auth

OK!!I just made a little step: i tried to put the classes in the common dir,
but Tomcat can't start, giving me a ClassNotFoundException on JDBCRealm. In
fact my Realm implementation is an extension of JDBCRealm, and the Common
ClassLoader can't find it, because it is a parent of the Catalina
ClassLoader. One solution i think would be to put also catalina.jar (where
JDBCRealm is) in the common/lib dir, but it doesn't seems to be a great idea
:-(((
Suggestions ?
Thanks again

Renato