tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Stewart, Jeffrey E" <Jeffrey.E.Stew...@boeing.com>
Subject RE: war file not expand on linux
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2002 17:47:01 GMT
Hey Dean;

You installed from the RPM. The RPM can set permissions, but you'll have to
modify the RPM prior to installing.
If your installation is in the /var/tomcat4 directory, you can change
ownership recursively:

chown -R tomcat4:tomcat4 /var/tomcat4

Not a bad thing, most all of this tree should be owned by tomcat4 user.

Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: Dean Hiller [mailto:dhiller@avaya.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2002 9:31 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: war file not expand on linux

thanks Jeff,
    is there any way to install it correctly then so that all files have
permission tomcat4.  I have half of my files as root and then the ones that
are created are as tomcat4.  I am trying to make the install easier for my
customers.

Also, you would think an error would be provided by tomcat?

thanks,
Dean