tomcat-users mailing list archives

From KC Berg <KB...@latis.com>
Subject RE: many java processes
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2002 18:57:41 GMT
also tomcat will only open as many pid's/thread's as is specified in your
server.xml

maxProcessors="75" part of the connector params.

the above is the default. Running "top" may make it look like a lot of stuff
is running but if you look at the memory and CPU utilization of the pid's
you'll notice they are very low. Also the number of pid's will change as the
number of concurrent users to your system increases or decreases.

-----Original Message-----
From: chad kellerman [mailto:ckellerman@alabanza.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2002 11:48 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: many java processes

Hello everyone,

   I am running a red hat 6.2 tomcat 4.01 webapp server configured for
virtual host.

   I have noticed that if tomcat stays running it "builds" up a lot of java
processes.  Has this caused anyone any problems with anyones elses servers?

   I am afraid that if a put a few java domains on the server the java
processes will begin to go through the roof.

 Any information/insites would be greatly appreciated.

-chad