tomcat-users mailing list archives

From KC Berg <KB...@latis.com>
Subject RE: many java processes
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2002 18:49:42 GMT
all threads started in java will show up as pid's in Linux. Linux does not
do true threading. it's not a big deal. if you see to many check your code
for opening threads. also check your garbage collection settings.

-----Original Message-----
From: chad kellerman [mailto:ckellerman@alabanza.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2002 11:48 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: many java processes

Hello everyone,

   I am running a red hat 6.2 tomcat 4.01 webapp server configured for
virtual host.

   I have noticed that if tomcat stays running it "builds" up a lot of java
processes.  Has this caused anyone any problems with anyones elses servers?

   I am afraid that if a put a few java domains on the server the java
processes will begin to go through the roof.

 Any information/insites would be greatly appreciated.

-chad