tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Hengesbach" <Martin.Hengesb...@iwka.de>
Subject Download of MS Office docs from protected areas fail with IE
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2002 16:29:00 GMT
Hi,

when I try to download files with MS Word (for example:
<https://test.iwka.de/protectedarea/test.doc>) from a protected area with a
MS IE
5.5 I get the error "the internet page could not be opened. File not found
or
not reachable". When I try to download it from a non protected area it
works.

I have a special hardware constellation:
I have an application server with tomcat 4.0.2 with the standard HTTP 1.1
connector. And there is another box wich does hardware SSL encryption.
Because of the SSL encryption I have defined the HTTP Connector like that:

port="80" minProcessors="1" maxProcessors="200" redirectPort="443"
scheme="https" acceptCount="20" debug="0" secure="true" proxyPort="443" />

So, now to the courius things:
- With tomcat 4.0.1 it WORKS!
- When I try it without the SSL encryption it works
- With an other browser (mozilla...) it works

I have looked in the lock files, watched the network traffic with a network
monitor and so on. I see no differences but something happend with tomcat
4.0.2
so that it didn't work any more. Any ideas?

Martin