tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Reynir Hübner <rey...@hugsmidjan.is>
Subject RE: How to force Tomcat to compile?
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 19:04:35 GMT
Anja,

I´ve never heard or used this "auto-compiler" feature in tomcat.
I tried it by inserting a very simple heyworld.java servlet with in my
classes directory, and nothing happens, at least it definately does not
get compiled.

I always use javac to compile everything with in my classes folder, if
I'm using javabeans I usually pack'em up into a .jar file and put in the
/lib directory. The reloader always sees when a jar or a class file is
updated.

sorry I cant help.

-reynir