tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Reynir Hübner <rey...@hugsmidjan.is>
Subject RE: Inserting DATE into SQL server
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2002 18:19:25 GMT
another way might be to parse it into java.sql.Date
for example :
  Calendar cal = Calendar.getInstance();
  cal.set(int year, int month, int date);
  java.sql.Date sqlDate = new java.sql.Date(cal.getTime().getTime());

then use sqlDate in your insert statement. this would leave your time
part of the dateTime empty. (00.00.00).
I also sometimes (depending on the database) use java.sql.TimeStamp for
DateTime fields, cause it includes both time and date, but of course
that would not help if you dont have the information needed to populate
the time.

hope it helps,
  -reynir

ps. bayard, when would you not use prepared statements ? my experiments
have shown very improved performance over normal Statements....