tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bing Zhang <bzh...@sohar.com>
Subject RE: Create a log file under my application directory
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2002 08:12:22 GMT
Never mind my question. I developed my application on NT with JBuilder,
debugged it with Tomcat that coming with JBuilder. However when I deployed
it on linux, it turned out that the path info is quite different and more
restrict on linux.

Another question I put database driver, classes111.zip under
webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/lib on linux, it gave me exception. However under NT
development environment, it worked with no error. Is it true that tomcat on
linux does not recognize the *.zip file?

Thanks,

Bing

-----Original Message-----
From: Bing Zhang
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Sent: 2/24/02 9:44 PM
Subject: Create a log file under my application directory

Hi,

I am running tomcat 4.0.1.

The connection pooling part of my application needs a new log file every
time it starts via "new File(fileName)". The filename is a file just
under
my application, such as webapps/myapp/connectionpool.log. But every time
run it, I got an exception: permission denied.

I tried to use catalina.policy to add create and write permission for
that
particular file, but no fruit. What have I missed? I do not want to use
the
usual sevlet log() method for my connection pooling log.

Thanks,

Bing