tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bing Zhang <bzh...@sohar.com>
Subject Create a log file under my application directory
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2002 05:44:37 GMT
Hi,

I am running tomcat 4.0.1.

The connection pooling part of my application needs a new log file every
time it starts via "new File(fileName)". The filename is a file just under
my application, such as webapps/myapp/connectionpool.log. But every time I
run it, I got an exception: permission denied.

I tried to use catalina.policy to add create and write permission for that
particular file, but no fruit. What have I missed? I do not want to use the
usual sevlet log() method for my connection pooling log.

Thanks,

Bing