tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Anton Brazhnyk <a.brazh...@biconsulting.ws>
Subject RE: Client certificate does not show in browser
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2002 09:02:14 GMT
Hi,

It makes sense, BTW could you please point me to that FAQ?
Though I have to say that it seems that advice isn't very usefull,
since my server sertificate and client sertificates are signed with
the same root certificate and the "Choose cert..." is still empty.

I read about this procedure but it didn't work for me.
I managed to make the certificate chain with local MS certsrv (but it should
work with other CA's)
Did I do something wrong?

1. Create self signed certificate and private key
keytool -genkey -alias tomcat -keyalg RSA

2. Make certificate request
keytool -certreq -alias tomcat -file request.txt

3. Request certificate chain with 'request.txt' passed to CA
and save it to mycert.cer

4. Get CA root certificate either downloading it from CA or
exporting from mycert.cer and save it to root.cer

5. Install root certificate to the same
(not $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/security/cacerts) keystore
keytool -import -trustcaserts -alias root -file root.cer

6. Install sertificate chain
keytool -import -trustcaserts -alias tomcat -file mycaert.cer

>From this point IE doesn't complain about certificate, but
CLIENT_CERT auth still doesn't work.

> Anynone else have had succes with this, that could shed some
> light on this,
> or perhaps suggest ways of double-checking the setup?
>
> Best regards -
>
> Henrik Schultz
> Senior Systems Architect
> Consultant to Maersk Data AS