tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Larry Isaacs <Larry.Isa...@sas.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat Test Environment v3.3x? (improved question)
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 20:16:48 GMT
This should be doable, but as you have found, isn't going to work
by just replacing the installation directory.  The startup class
is different along with other minor changes in startup.  This will
require some configuration differences to work.  Unfortunately,
the directions you cite simply say run setup.exe and I have no
idea what configuration this does.  Since I don't have VAJava,
I can't say what needs to be done.  Perhaps someone else can
supply details about what needs to be configured.

Larry

ment&Title=Ove
rview&FSet=1&Doc3=4556&Doc4=4567 which gives instructions to install and run
a Tomcat Test Environment version 3.2.1 in VisualAge for Java v3.5.3.  What
I would like to do is run Tomcat v3.3x inside of VAJava.

I searched IBM, but found no reference to Tomcat 3.3x.  I have checked the
user mail list archive, again with no luck.  Can someone please inform me if
I am just missing something obvious?  I tried replacing the Tomcat directory
structure which was installed into VAJava with the one which is extracted by
the v3.3a zip file, but the TTE failed to start (not unexpectedly actually).

Can someone inform me if it is possible, and possibly point me to some
reference, to upgrade the TTE to run version 3.3a?

Thanks very much.

-- Jeff