tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Burgess" <mburg...@dedata.com.au>
Subject JDBC Realm Digest Password Generation
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2002 23:04:25 GMT
Hi All,

Configuration
  tomcat 3.3a
  win2k

I am trying to implement a change password page for our web application,
we are using a JDBCRealm with digest="MD5" set on the Realm. The problem
is how do I encrypt the password so that it is the same as one generated
using the following as specified in the documentation:

java org.apache.tomcat.modules.aaa.JDBCRealm -a <algorithm> <password>
[<password> ...]

I have currently got it to work by calling
org.apache.tomcat.modules.aaa.RealmBase.digest(). But in order for this
to work I have had to copy tomcat_modules.jar and tomcat_util.jar to the
/WEB-INF/lib directory of the application.

This can't be right... can it?

So in short my question is, how can I call tomcat and get it to return
the encrypted password?

Thanks

Michael