tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Zhiyong Li" <Zhiyong...@ibiomatics.com>
Subject session and dtd questions for tomcat 4.0.1
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 19:55:04 GMT
I have two problems with using tomcat 4.0.1 release build.

1. I have a xml file and its dtd in the same directory, I tried to use
the following approach in my xml file to refer to the dtd:
<!DOCTYPE iBioObjectAction SYSTEM 'navigate.dtd'>

But I get the following exception:

[Fatal Error] :2:-1: Relative URI "navigate.dtd"; can not be resolved
without a document URI.
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Relative URI "navigate.dtd"; can not be
resolved without a document URI.

2. I am trying to use isNew() method on session to detect whether a
session is newly created or not. For example,

		if (session.isNew()) {
			// do something
		}

However, session.isNew() always returns "false". I tried several other
combinations such as: request.getSession(true) and I got the same
result.

Are these two known problems or anything I am missing?

Thanks,
Zhiyong Li
Analytical Solutions, SAS Institute
(919) 653-2746