tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Meurant , Gerald" <gerald.meur...@mad.tecsidel.es>
Subject RE: RE: Digest authentication problem
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2002 14:50:22 GMT
Thanks, I´ll go the same way (now I don´t know really how the bind
authentication can be done) ;)

-----Mensaje original-----
De: jay n gaba [mailto:jayg101@rediffmail.com]
Enviado el: lunes, 18 de febrero de 2002 15:51
Para: Tomcat Users List
Asunto: Re: RE: Digest authentication problem

hi
i am facing the same problem. there is a problem while using the digest
authentication mode. it seems the password format return by ldap,in my case
netscape directory structure, is different than one used by the digest class
of tomcat.netscape uses base64 encoding while tomcat uses some hash
functionality. so the authentication fails.

solving this is in the to do list. if u wish there are 2 ways to solve it
urself.
1. make changes to JNDIRealm class.
2. binding user to ldap using bind authentication, which i am not very
clear. I am trying to search on this.

regards
jay

ps: check previous mail archives for more details.