tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Meurant , Gerald" <gerald.meur...@mad.tecsidel.es>
Subject RE: Digest authentication problem
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2002 13:30:34 GMT
I forgot to mention that it´s a tomcat 4.01 .

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Meurant , Gerald [mailto:gerald.meurant@mad.tecsidel.es]
Enviado el: lunes, 18 de febrero de 2002 13:23
Para: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Asunto: Digest authentication problem

Hi,

I have a tomcat server using a JNDI-Realm to authenticate against a LDAP
server. It works fine when using the BASIC authentication mode, but it
doesn´t work when specifying the DIGEST authentication mode.
There´s no error message in tomcat, neither in the LDAP server, so I used a
sniffer to watch the network traffic and the communication between the 2
servers : there´s no communication !!
So I think the problem has its origin in tomcat. I post the realm
description of the server.xml (I replaced the lines that specified my ldap
server, the connection works in basic mode anyway) :

	<Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm" debug="4"
	connectionName="cn=administrador"
	connectionPassword="mypassword"
	connectionURL="ldap://myserver:389"
	roleBase="dc=roles,o=artic,c=es"
	roleName="cn"
	roleSearch="(uniqueMember={0})"
	roleSubtree="false"
	userPassword="userPassword"
	userPattern="cn={0},o=artic,c=es"
	digest="MD5"
	/>

I would really apreciate any help, my searches on the net and in the doc are
not giving me any result. Is the realm descriptor correct ? Thanks.

Gerald.