tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kapasi, Mehjabin" <mkap...@rational.com>
Subject NoClassDefFoundError org/apache/tomcat/logging/Logger on startup
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2002 23:26:06 GMT
Hi,
I am using Tomcat 4.0.1 on my Win2000 box. I have just installed it by
setting the JAVA_HOME and CATALINA_HOME. When I tried to start up tomcat and
run my web application i get the error:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/tomcat/logging/Logger at
org.apache.jasper.Constants.message(Constants.java:244) at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.init(JspServlet.java:265) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:852)
I have all the jar files needed for running my webapp. I am upgrading from
version 3.2.1 to Tomcat 4.0.1.
I know it is looking for the org/apache/tomcat/logging/Logger file. There is
a Logger.class in the jasper-runtime.jar which came alongwith Tomcat 4.0.1.
If that is the one it is looking for....my problem is I don't know what
changes I have to make and where do I have to make them so that the right
Logger is used. Who is trying to access this Logger file?
Please help Thank you.
-Mehjabin