tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kapasi, Mehjabin" <mkap...@rational.com>
Subject RE: security-role-ref not working with Tomcat 4.0.1 & .2
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2002 18:21:54 GMT
I was also getting the same error although it was with the <taglib> tag. I
followed the DTD correctly but still could not get rid of the error.
I commented that section out and it worked like a charm with no errors. I am
not sure if that is because of some tag library issue in Tomcat 4.0.1.
If you also have a tag library associated, try commenting it out and see if
that works.

-Mehjabin

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Teegarden [mailto:MXT@akc.org]
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2002 11:10 AM
To: <Tomcat Users List
Subject: security-role-ref not working with Tomcat 4.0.1 & .2

I'm trying to use a security-role-ref entry in my web deployment descriptor
of Tomcat 4. Has  this been broken in 4.0.1 and 4.0.2?

Try adding an entry of the following to the end of web.xml in examples
before the </webapp> tag:
   <security-role-ref>
      <role-name>ADMIN</role-name>
      <role-link>Administrator</role-link>
   </security-role-ref>

I get the following from catalina on startup:
Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
Apache Tomcat/4.0.2
PARSE error at line 283 column 11
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The content of element type "web-app" must
match
"(icon?,display-name?,description?,distributable?,context-param*,filter*,fil
ter-
mapping*,listener*,servlet*,servlet-mapping*,session-config?,mime-mapping*,w
elco
me-file-list?,error-page*,taglib*,resource-env-ref*,resource-ref*,security-c
onst
raint*,login-config?,security-role*,env-entry*,ejb-ref*,ejb-local-ref*)".
Starting service Tomcat-Apache
Apache Tomcat/4.0.2