tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mark B. Indictor" <>
Subject RE: servlet-mapping problem
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2002 21:28:56 GMT
OK -- I'm having a related problem:

I can hit my servlet with the following httpd.conf and web.xml file setup
with these two URLs:

>From within the servlet, I am trying to reconstruct the URL. I am using the
following code:

private String buildURL( HttpServletRequest req ) {
	// Build a new absolute URL
	StringBuffer url = new StringBuffer();
	url.append( req.getScheme() );	// http
	url.append( "://" ); 			// http://
	url.append( req.getServerName() ); 	// http://hostname
	url.append( ":" );			// http://hostname:
	url.append( req.getServerPort() );	// http://hostname:80
	url.append( req.getServletPath() );	//
	return url.toString();

Unfortunately, the URL this produces is either:

http://hostname:8080/sb or http://hostname/sb,

	and not

http://hostname:8080/s2/sb or http://hostname/SiteBlocks/sb

as expected.

Am I doing something wrong? If so, how can I get the desired result?

Thanks for any assistance!

Here's an excerpt from my httpd.conf file:

<IfModule od_webapp.c>
	WebAppConnection warpconnection warp localhost:8008
	WebAppDeploy examples warpConnection /examples/
	WebAppDeploy SiteBlocks warpConnection /SiteBlocks/

Here's my entire web.xml file:

<!DOCTYPE web-app

    - Mark
Mark Indictor -- V.P. Engineering