tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Eswar.K" <esw...@erunway.com>
Subject RE: Apache does not load images!!
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2002 13:56:26 GMT

sometimes some images gets loaded and sometimes some others...
and sometimes all of them are shown.

The path of  the image is not a problem, bcos if it was, i should be
consistently get the problem for the same image, which is not happening.

Eswar

-----Original Message-----
From: Phil Shrimpton [mailto:phil@shrimpton.co.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2002 3:27 PM
To: Tomcat Users List; Eswar.K
Subject: Re: Apache does not load images!!

On Wednesday 27 February 2002 10:39, Eswar.K wrote:

Hi,

> tomcat has been integrated with apache with mod_jk.  When I send a request
> directly to tomcat(post 8080), all the images are loaded appropriately,
but
> when i am sending a requet to apache(port 80), few images are not being
> loaded. What should be done to avoid such a problem?

I had the same problem.  What is was, was that the URI I was using for the
imgaes was

/images/myimage.gif

Which when used via Apache/mod_jk were being request from Apache's doument
root.

Changing the URI to...

images/myimage.gif  (no initial slash)

Fixed the problem

Phil

--
Linux 2.4.4-4GB
  9:55am  up  2:27,  1 user,  load average: 0.20, 0.47, 0.41