tomcat-users mailing list archives

From twrich...@another.com
Subject BIG problem with restarting Tomcat 4
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2002 16:01:46 GMT
Hi,

there are already messages in this forum, but: nevertheless it doesn't work.
When starting Tomcat 4 (Linux) for the first time, everything works fine. But when stopping
Tomcat and restarting there is the following message:
Catalina.start: LifecycleException:  Error creating server socket (java.net.BindException):
 java.net.BindException: Die Adresse wird bereits verwendet
LifecycleException:  Error creating server socket (java.net.BindException):  java.net.BindException:
Die Adresse wird bereits verwendet
	at org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnector.initialize(WarpConnector.java:491)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.initialize(StandardService.java:454)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.initialize(StandardServer.java:553)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:780)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:681)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:179)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:243)
----- Root Cause -----

I don't see what application should listen to some of the used ports, too (how to find out??).
And everything worked fine with Jakarta 3.3.  I tried the -XdoCloseWithReadPending parameter,
but this does#nt work (JVM doesn't start).
Please help me - I'm at the end of the rope...No ideas any more.

Best regards and thanks in advance

Thomas

--
Get personalised email addresses at http://another.com