tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kennedy Clark <>
Subject Popup Browser Windows & Tomcat Realm Authentication
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2002 01:58:43 GMT
I'm using Tomcat 4.0.1 to develop a web-site application that needs to use
popup browser windows.  I have the main page protected by a JDBCRealm and
it's working nicely.  Now that I've added the popups, the popup window
opens fine using the authentication of the main windows.  However, when you
close the popup, you cannot do anything in the main windows without having
to re-authenticate.  I've tried using both a "target=" attribute on an "<a
href=", as well as a JavaScript "onClick="open(..." to create the popup
windows -- the results are the same -- the authentication follows the child
window and then dies with it.  How can I fix this?  All help greatly

To unsubscribe:   <>
For additional commands: <>
Troubles with the list: <>

View raw message