tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Lauer, Oliver" <Oliver.La...@AXA.de>
Subject AW: What's up with Borland?
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 13:07:39 GMT
Hi Robert,

at first you should point your development environment to your TC
installation and you shouldn't take the built-in TC.
Doing so you are much more flexible for TC updates. But take care, you have
to include your libs within TC due to JB isn't using TC's classloaders.

I have both settings here but I prefer using the TC I've installed on my
own.

So what do I have to do for that ?:

1.) JB: Project/Project Properties / Run / Application

 	- Main class: select org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap
	- VM parameters:
-Dcatalina.base="C:\Programme\ApacheGroup\Tomcat4.0"
-Dcatalina.home="C:\Programme\ApacheGroup\Tomcat4.0" or something comparable

	(this must point to your TC installation)
	- Application parameters: start

2.) JB: Start TC with
	- Run / Debug Project and not with the right mouse key and Web Debug

3.) Now you can debug every class that is included in your project. You can
even debug TC if you want to ! And the main advantage is that you can share
the same environment for debugging and running.

Try it and report of your results. I think that's the first thing to do in
order to manage TC quite properly.

Oliver