tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Lauer, Oliver" <Oliver.La...@AXA.de>
Subject AW: What's up with Borland?
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 07:59:56 GMT
I'm running TC4.0,4.01 and 4.0.2 with JB6 and do proper debugging. I don't
know what the JB guys are talking about ?
What can do for you ?
Oliver

> AXA eSolutions GmbH
> AXA Konzern AG Germany
> Oliver Lauer
> Web Architect
> Wörthstraße 34
> D-50668 Köln
> Germany
> Tel.: +49 221 148 31277
> Fax: +49 221 148 43963
> Mobil: +49 179 59 064 59
> e-Mail: Oliver.Lauer@axa.de
> _____________________________

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Robert D. Morse [mailto:rmorse@mdesignz.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 4. Februar 2002 23:18
An: Tomcat Users List
Betreff: What's up with Borland?

I'm trying to get JBuilder 6 Enterprise to work with Tomcat 4.0.1 (which is
packaged with JBuilder 6 Enterprise).  Everything works fine with 3.2
selected but selecting 4.0.1 results in a "No Realm has been configured to
authenticate against" error.  Not finding anything in the e-mail lists, or
Borland Newsgroups, I logged a bug report with Borland and spoke with a
technical rep.  When I explained the problem, he said that there were "known
issues with 4.0.1, and that he would not recommend using it with JBuilder
6.0".  I asked why, and he said "...the Tomcat guys release a new build of
Tomcat 4.0 about every week, and it always breaks our stuff."  He also said
that he didn't want to "take me down the road of possibly fixing this
problem, because he couldn't guarantee that it would work, and that I might
be unhappy with the results".  Did someone piss off Borland??

Aus Rechts- und Sicherheitsgruenden ist die in dieser E-Mail gegebene Information nicht rechtsverbindlich.
Eine rechtsverbindliche Bestaetigung reichen wir Ihnen gerne auf Anforderung in schriftlicher
Form nach. Beachten Sie bitte, dass jede Form der unautorisierten Nutzung, Veroeffentlichung,
Vervielfaeltigung oder Weitergabe des Inhalts dieser E-Mail nicht gestattet ist.Diese Nachricht
 ist ausschliesslich fuer den bezeichneten Adressaten oder dessen Vertreter bestimmt. Sollten
Sie nicht der vorgesehene Adressat dieser E-Mail oder dessen Vertreter sein, so bitten wir
Sie, sich mit dem Absender der E-Mail in Verbindung zu setzen.
For legal and security reasons the information provided in this e-mail is not legally binding.
Upon request we would be pleased to provide you with a legally binding confirmation in written
form. Any form of unauthorised use, publication, reproduction, copying or disclosure of the
content of this e-mail is not permitted. This message is exclusively for the person addressed
or their representative. If you are not the intended recipient of this message and its contents,
please notify the sender immediately.