tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Donie Kelly <donie.ke...@tecnomen.ie>
Subject Propgating setting to a rack of machines using tomcat
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2002 15:48:40 GMT
Hi all

We have a rack of sun servers and we have run into a small problem with
configuration. All the machine will have the same settings (more or less)
and these settings are currently read from a file which is distributed in
the WAR.

If we need to change settings we need to update the settings file on each
machine, which is becoming a pain. There is a load balancer controlling the
load on the rack so we have little control over which machine is chosen when
we submit a request.

My question is: How do we replicate the settings throughout the rack after
modifying one machine in the rack?

I appreciate your time...
Donie