tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Regis Muller <regis.mul...@solfit.ch>
Subject Tomcat 4 interaction with apache 2.0
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2002 17:28:57 GMT
HI all,
I ma trying to make work tomcat 4.0.2 with apache 2.0, I added the
following line at the end of the httpd.conf file :
Include /etc/tomcat4/conf/tomcat4.conf
which content is :

# tomcat /etc/rc.d script example configuration file
# Use with version 1.07 of the scripts or later

# Where your java installation lives
# JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jdk
JAVA_HOME="/opt/IBMJava2-13"

# You can pass some parameters to java
# here if you wish to
#JAVACMD="$JAVA_HOME/bin/java -Xminf0.1 -Xmaxf0.3"

# Where your tomcat installation lives
# That change from previous RPM where TOMCAT_HOME
# used to be /var/tomcat.
# Now /var/tomcat will be the base for webapps only
CATALINA_HOME="/var/tomcat4"
JASPER_HOME="/var/tomcat4"
CATALINA_TMPDIR="/var/tomcat4/temp"

# What user should run tomcat
TOMCAT_USER="tomcat4"

# You can change your tomcat locale here
#LANG=en_US

# If you wish to further customize your tomcat environment,
# put your own definitions here
# (i.e. LD_LIBRARY_PATH for some jdbc drivers)
# Just do not forget to export them :)

LoadModule webapp_module modules/mod_webapp.so

------
I also have the mod_jk.so available I don't know which to use or why.

When I launch apache here is what I get :

./apachectl start
Syntax error on line 31 of /etc/tomcat4/conf/tomcat4.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_webapp.so into server:
/usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_webapp.so: undefined symbol: ap_table_get

./apachectl start: httpd could not be started

Anyone has evre encountered this problem ? if so, please tell me what I
did wrong.
Thanks in advance