tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Wolfgang Stein <zo...@gmd-net.de>
Subject Re: High startup and shutdown time of tomcat 4
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2002 18:59:49 GMT
Hi,

the startup time will even increase if you enable a SSL-connector.
But you don't have to restart the whole tomcat to restart
an application (compared with TC 3.2, don't know 3.3),
if you use the manager app instead.

You can also enable dynamic servlet reloading during development.

I suppose the startup time is a tribute to the better
catalina architecture, new features and servlet 2.3 spec conformity.

I also removed all unused applications (e.g. examples, doc ...)
to reduce the start up time.

I didn't notice a slower shutdown.

Gruss,
Wolfgang