tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jean-Luc BEAUDET <beau...@toolchest.cyber.kodak.com>
Subject Re: Classpath Issue
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2002 17:15:15 GMT
rsequeira@transentric.com a écrit :

> Tomcat takes care of this for you so that you don't have to mess around
> with classpath issues. Put your  unpacked classes in the WEB-INF/classes
> directory of you webapplication. jar files go under the WEB-INF/lib. And
> you are good to go.
> If you wish to make your classes visible to all applications then place
> your unpacked classes under then <tomcat_installation_dir>/common/classes.

Not really recommended since common will have this lib/classes viewed by both
CATALINA and all web applications. Could be confused in some way...

Prefer the method of shared:
$CATALINA_HOME/classes and $CATALINA_HOME/lib assuming CATALINA_HOME is the
dir where yur Tomcat's dist was installed.

Hope this will clear the situation...

Jean-Luc :O)