tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jared Nedzel <ned...@mpi.com>
Subject TC4 and cgi
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2002 16:58:15 GMT
Folks:

I'm running Tomcat 4.0.2 on Solaris.  I'm trying to
configure Tomcat to support perl cgis, but I'm getting
404.  I've done the following so far:

I've copied $CATALINA_HOME/server/lib/servlets-ssi.renametojar
to $CATALINE_HOME/server/lib/servlets-ssi.jar

I've copied $CATALINA_HOME/server/lib/servlets-cgi.renametojar
to $CATALINE_HOME/server/lib/servlets-cgi.jar

I've edited $CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml as follows:

  - commented in servlet ssi
  - commented in servlet cgi
  - commented in servlet mapping for ssi
  - commented in servlet mapping for cgi

I've created an app directory $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/websub.
Inside that directory, I've created a WEB-INF directory.
Inside that, I've created a cgi directory.  I've put my perl
cgi's inside the cgi directory.

Do I need a web.xml inside the WEB-INF directory?  And if
so, what should it contain?

I'd really appreciate it if someone could point me towards a
perl cgi "hello world" configuration for Tomcat 4.

Thanks,

Jared Nedzel
nedzel@mpi.com