tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "remy.menetrieux" <remy.menetri...@pixelpark.com>
Subject No suitable driver under linux Mandrake and classes12.zip HELP !!!!!
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2002 09:04:22 GMT
Sorry for the spam,and for my english but after 3 days I have not solution:
Classes12.jar is in common/lib
When I use a datasource for oracle driver, it doesn't works--> No
suitable Driver . But if I use a classical connection like this:
String url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@**.**.**.***:1521:db8ir3";
         String password="jdev";
         String user="jdev";
         String driver = "oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver";
        Class.forName(driver).newInstance();
         Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection(url,user,password);
it works
My second problem is that if i make a mistake in my server.xml like
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDiver instead of oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
i obtain a datasource null

Is it a bug of tomcat under linux? have you the same problem?

When i use a database under mysql with the same configuration it's OK...
When i use tomact under widdows all is OK...
know you if it's possible to see the classpath used by tomcat..
At the end of the catalina.sh i add echo "CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH"
 CLASSPATH=/usr/local/bin/java/lib/tools.jar:/opt/deverh/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.2/bin/bootstrap.jar

but this classpath not contains jars which are in the common/lib directory

thanks in advance
Remy