tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Keith Simpson <k.s...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: J2EE and Tomcat
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2002 13:00:04 GMT
How very ironic - we have the same name - and we have the same
question!  I put mine out yesterday.  Is this a parallel universe or
something?  I am running 3.3 tomcat on my dev platform and need to use
javamail.  (which can be picked up separately or in j2ee)  We are
developing a new product with JSP (used to be all servlets) and I find
that there is a problem when it comes to compiling the JSP when I
replace servlet.jar with j2ee.jar  Otherwise, I believe it works just
fine.  (that's a big stumbling block)  I am wondering if I am going to
need to go to tomcat 4 - or what - to get around this one.  My issue
with 4 is that I will have to migrate it to my production environment
(apache/tomcat), and that we resell to others with all sorts of app
servers.

I will be watching for your replies to this one...