tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christos Karras <ckar...@capella.org>
Subject jsp output corruption bug
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2002 14:41:29 GMT
I have a very weird bug with a large (20kb) JSP file, the resulting HTML
code is corrupted/mixed:

For example, the JSP contains the html string "Jakarta"
on one line, and another html string "Tomcat" 60 lines lower..
The resulting html code is corrupted, the second string is inserted
somewhere inside of the
first string ("JakTomcatarta")

The file contains mostly HTML code. It also has several <%@include
file=""%> directives.
This file is part of an application that currently runs under JRun 3.0,
which we want to
migrate to Tomcat 4. The output is correct under JRun, but not Tomcat.

I tried the JSP file on:
- Win32 + JDK 1.4 + Tomcat 4.0.1
- Win32 + JDK 1.4 + Tomcat 4.0.2
- Linux 2.2.14 + JDK 1.2 + Tomcat 4.0.1
and they all have the same bug.

If my interpretation is correct, this is probably a bug in the way the
output buffer is handled
by the servlet generated from the JSP source.

Is this a known bug, are there workarounds for it? Or should I submit a
detailed
bug report to the tomcat bug database?